You can save by booking at least 30 days before arrival
You are here
From Piazzale Roma (terminal bus)
What to do when you arrive at Piazzale Roma
When you drive to Venice and park your car at Piazzale Roma, it is a very short walk to the Actv landing stages from which the main public transport waterbus routes depart in all directions and for all destinations, along the Grand Canal or down the Giudecca Canal - or along the outer edges of the city (the outer circle waterbus routes).
The landing stages at Piazzale Roma are located along the edge of the Grand Canal at the foot of the Constitution Bridge in the following order:
- S.Chiara ‘G’ is the landing stage for waterbus route No. 2 via the Giudecca Canal to St. Mark’s Square, (night service is provided by route ‘N’).
- Adjacent to it, S. Chiara ‘F’ is the landing stage for waterbus route No. 2 via the Grand Canal in the direction of Rialto and St. Mark’s Square (during the summer it proceeds all the way to the Lido). Night service is provided by route ‘N’ at this stop.
- The Parisi ‘E’ landing stage serves outer circle routes No. 4.1 (direction Giudecca/San Marco), No. 5.1 (direction Lido) and No. 6.
- Landing stage ‘D’ is the point of departure for waterbus route No. 1 (last stop Lido, about one hour of navigation).
- Scomenzera ‘C’ is the landing stage for the direct waterbus route No. 3 to Murano.
- Sant-Andrea 'B' is the landing stage for outer circle routes No. 4.2 to Fondamente Nove/Murano, No. 5.2 to Fondamente Nove/Ospedale/Lido (at night, some services depart from the nearby landing stages: please read the notices at the stop).
To check the complete map of lines and routes, see the
For more information on ACTV ticket prices, please sconsult the “PUBLIC AND PRIVATE TRANSPORTS” section on the VeneziaUnica website.
AVM - Autorimessa Comunale car park
A.V.M. S.p.A.’s Autorimessa Comunale car park is a six-floor parking garage with spaces for 2,182 cars and 180 motorcycles in 10 parking areas and two terraces. It is definitely the largest car park in Piazzale Roma (the automobile terminal that provides the most convenient and rapid access to the historic city centre of Venice). The Autorimessa Comunale car park is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In 1998 the facility was completely renovated and equipped with an automatic license-plate recognition entry system, and 200 closed-circuit TV cameras that, along with our personnel, provide constant surveillance of all the parking areas, .
To check on available parking and to buy tickets to park in Piazzale Roma online, please consult the "PARKING" section.
The daily rate allow allows you to park your car at the Autorimessa Comunale Parking Garage for 24 hours from the time you enter.
Priority access is guaranteed by entering from the left lane. Reservations may be made for one or more days, and is calculated on a 24-hr basis. The daily rate is applied for a period of 24 hrs. or fraction thereof.
Discounted rates are available for the following categories:
- people with disabilities
(for vehicles displaying the proper disability permit officially issued by the relevant Authority, which must be displayed upon entering the garage in order to qualify for the discounted rates described below)
To see discounted rates click on Services to people with disabilities.PDF
Where to buy
ACTV bus and waterbus tickets can be purchased:
- on line from VeneziaUnica website
on site at the Venezia Unica ticket offices in Piazzale Roma:
- automatic ticket machine on the ground floor of the Autorimessa Comunale AVM car park, at the cash desk area;
- automatic ticket machines at the ACTV landing stops (check list)
- Venezia Unica ticket points and offices at Piazzale Roma (check list).
- For organized groups (20 people minimum) it is possible to purchase ACTV public travel tickets beforehand (click here)
Tickets to park at the Autorimessa Comunale may be purchased:
- on line from VeneziaUnica website
- on site at the automatic ticket machine on the ground floor of the Autorimessa Comunale AVM garage, near the cash desk.